Second Edition in paperback
‘A splendid contribution’, John Braithwaite, Australian National University.
It’s a very useful and distinctive contribution to the literature on regulation, a hands-on approach that will be of considerable value to front-line regulators’, Neil Gunningham, Australian National University,
In Regulation: Audit, Inspection, Standards and Risk we explore how the street-level regulator copes with the commonplace dilemmas of the job:
- Making consistent judgements
- Working with people to improve outcomes
- Keeping up with essential knowledge
- Identifying the end-user
- Collecting reliable evidence
- Managing relationships
- Gauging the limits of trust.
This unique, fully referenced paperback covers the following:
- Regulation and standards
- Risk-based regulation
- Planning the inspection or audit
- Carrying out inspection and audit
- Improvement and enforcement.
You can find out more about the book here: we earn a small commission if you buy the book from this click link.
Sample chapter available here